David R. Bires has over 40 years of criminal law experience. He has practiced throughout the State of Texas and across the nation, in both state and federal courts. He is board certified in criminal law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He represents clients nationwide. His office is easily accessible to clients living in Harris and surrounding counties.
Honors and Awards
- Texas Super Lawyer in Criminal Law, a Thomson Reuters Service, 2003-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Woodward White, Inc., 2011-2019
- National Directory of Criminal Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Premier
- Lawyer of the year - 2015, Criminal Defense: General Practice, Best Lawyers, Woodward White, Inc.
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- 2018, Nueces County, aggravated sexual assault of a child, dismissed
- 2018, Harris County, murder reduced to manslaughter, ten (10) years probation
- 2017, Harris County, murder, dismissed 2016, Midland County, three (3) counts indecency with child, jury trial, not guilty 2013, Harris County, Texas, capital murder, dismissed
- Admitted in U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- 1971, Texas
Law School Attended
- The University of Texas School of Law, Class of 1971, J.D.
- The University of Texas at Austin, Class of 1968, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Past President, 1993-1994
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 1972 - Present
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Past President
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member, 1972-Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member, 1982-Present
- Board Certified Criminal Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Educational Institute
- English and Spanish